Thursday, January 10, 2008

Assignment 1: Should I Stay or Should I Go?

What motivates immigrants to come to the United States today is that we have more freedom then most countries, and that we have a lot more job opportunities. But the United States isn't all that good either because the prices of everything are getting higher and higher. If it was me I wouldn't leave my country because I have too much to loose like my family, my home, and to top it all off I have to go to another place that I don't even know about. Plus it could be really hard to adapt in another area because you are so us to eating the types of food that you catch. And when you go to another place you probably wont have the same types of food that you had back where you us to stay.

1 comment:

carrie said...

Do you fish?

Good point about having to adapt to your new environment. Could use specifics details about what types of freedoms and job opportunities we have here that attract immigrants.

Overall, very good post. A few small errors that I can help you fix to earn maximum points. As is you earned 18/20 points.